Arrival in Reschen
By car (free parking) or by train and bus to Reschenpass (mountain pass) and further to Reschen.
Today you will cycle alongside Lake Reschen with a great view of the sunken church of Graun until you reach the medieval village of Glurns (perfectly preserved medieval city walls). Your destination is Schlanders, the capital of the famous Vinschgauer.
On your way you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain massif Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch whilst you are rolling down on your bike into the tranquil Merano with its Mediterranean vegetation.
Two paths lead to Bolzano: One along the Adige River and another through the impressive landscape of orchards via Lana and Eppan. Here you can find the Messner Mountain Museum in the well-restored ruin of Sigmundskron. Ötzi – the man from the ice – is worth a visit.
Durch zahlreiche Obst- und Weingärten im Bereich der Südtiroler Weinstraße vorbei an vielen Burgen, Schlössern und Ruinen sowie am “Dom auf dem Lande” in St. Pauls weiter an den Kalterer See und nach Auer.
From Auer onwards on the cycle path along the Etsch dam. The ‚Salurner Klause’ is the end of the German speaking part of South Tyrol. Your cycle path leads you through famous Trentino wine regions into the ancient diocesan town Trento (lovely old part of town, cathedral, Buonconsiglio palace).
First, you will continue cycling along the Adige through Rovereto and on to Mori from where the route leads westwards towards Lake Garda. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short ascent (Passo San Giovanni), you will descend down to the lake and to Torbole and further on to Riva. From here, a boat will take you down the entire length of the lake.
You will travel on partly flat, partly slightly hilly roads through the vine hills to Verona, a city full of attractions (festival arena, Julia’s house, old city walls).
You will ride on beautiful bike paths mainly along the Adige River. The route will lead you from Reschenpass (mountain pass) almost 1,500 metres in altitude downhill to Lake Garda. However, you will have to cycle up some small climbs too. Overall, you will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and asphalted country roads. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Boat ride on Lake Garda incl. your bike
- 1 x Pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Landeck train station (North Tyrol), public bus to Reschen
- Innsbruck, Munich and Verona airport
- Free parking at or close to the hotel
- Return transfer by minibus to Reschen every Saturday and Sunday morning and Tuesday afternoon, this costs € 75 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
- Train connections from Verona via Bolzano and Merano to Mals, public bus to Reschen
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
Category: mainly 3*** hotels, partly 4**** hotels