By car or train to Florence and on to Montecatini Terme, tour information and handing over of the bikes.
Vinci approx. 55 km
By bicycle on small paths through olive groves of Montecatini Terme to Vinci, birth place of Leonardo, and back again to Montecatini Terme.
By bicycle (alternative by train) to Lucca, city tour by bicycle, and to the lake of Massacciuccoli (also known as Lake of Giacomo Puccini) and on to Pisa (“Piazza dei Miracoli”, Schiefer Turm – aslant tower).
From Pisa you cycle along the river Arno and then on lonesome paths to the idyllic spring town Casciana Terme.
Today you cycle through vineyards and soft hills to San Gimignano. Every noble family owned here in former times his own tower – these towers of the houses now coin the place.
Today’s bike tour goes through Tuscany’s wonderful landscape to the architectonic paradise Siena.
Through the hilly Chianti-region, where the “Chianti Classico” comes from you go to Greve. Afterwards you go by bus transfer to Florence.
Departure from Florence
Individual departure, extension of your stay or combination with “Venice – Florence” and “Florence – Rome”.
Tuscany has a dreamlike but also hilly landscape. You cycle on lovely side paths and country lanes from one famous city to another. You sometimes will face with heavy traffic on entering or leaving a city.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Bustransfer from Greve to Florence incl. your bike
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents, route cards, way description, sight-seeing, important telephone numbers
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival/ departure and parking information
- Cat. A and Charme: Hotel garage 45,- € per week, no reservation possible, payable on spot
- Cat. B: Hotel parking 5,- € per day, no reservation possible, payable on spot
- Train journey from Florence to Montecatini Terme (approx. € 5,- per person)
- Return transfer to Montecatini upon request, 25,- € per person, reservation beforehand required. Private bikes will be transferred for free from Greve to Florence resp. Montecatini Terme.
Charm category see description
Category A: 3*** und 4**** Hotels, sometimes with a swimming pool
Category B: 3*** Hotels
This tour has 1 more variation
Grand Hotel Croce di Malta
Welcome to the Grand Hotel Croce di Malta!
Welcome to the Albergo Roma - comfort in best location
Hotel La Cisterna
The elegant warmth of hospitality
At the Hotel La Cisterna of San Gimignano everything, truly everything, exudes the elegant warmth of hospitality.