Welcome briefing and handing over of rental bicycles. Take the opportunity to visit lagoon city Venice, easily to be reached by public transport in about 20 min. from the hotel.
Start the day by crossing the Freedom Bridge to Venice. By ferry you go to famous Lido and then by bicycle via Pellestrina with marvellous view of the sea to Chioggia. This is a quiet little town, taking you back into the times of Venice’s sea power. Enjoy you dinner in one of the typical fish-restaurants. Your overnight is in Sottomarina with large sandy beach.
On quiet roads you cycle to river Adige. Fertile fields, melon plantations and solitary villages seam your way to Rovigo. This charming little town with narrow alleyways, spacious squares, comfortable cafés and friendly people is your place to stay overnight.
Start by train to Monselice. Cross the rolling Euganese hills to Arquà Petrarca. This little town was able to maintain the medieval character over the centuries. On you cycle on solitary roads to the foot of Monti Berici. They will be your steady companion unto the very centre of Vicenza. Here in the old town you still feel the influence of Palladio, famous medieval architect.
You stay in the same hotel today and a nice little excursion to idyllic Lago di Fimon is just right to enjoy unspoilt nature besides the remarkable culture of Vicenza. You cycle on quiet minor roads to the lake, nestling in midst of the Monti Berici. Maybe you feel like swimming or take a tour around the lake. A climb of 1 km and then it is just downhill to Vicenza. Enjoy the unique architecture of the city. The basilica and Teatro Olimpico are only two examples of striking architecture of the probably most famous son of the city.
Many a splendid Venetian villa can be admired on your way out of Vicenza, as e.g. Villa Rotonda. Along the river Bacchiglione you cycle to Abano Terme, famous thermal spa. Padua, the city of St. Anthoy and 2nd oldest university of Italy can be reached easily by public transport from Abano Terme.
Many a time a warm back-wind will ease your cycling day to the sea. Back to Venice you cycle through pastures and fields.
You cycle on mostly flat or gently undulating routes. Only a few steep but short climbs. Mainly on asphalted roads; partly on good surfaced nature roads. All in all an easy to cycle tour.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 24-hours-ticket for Venice (public transportation, bike tickets about € 3 per bike are not included)
- Journey by train Rovigo - Monselice
- 1 x entrance and little Grappa tasting session in the Poli Grappa Museum Bassano (German, English)
- 1 x little grappa tasting session in Venice
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French - with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-Data on request
- Rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Venice-Mainland (Mestre) can easily be reached by train, car, and plane
- Hotel parking garage/parking space in Mestre approx. € 50,- per week
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price!
Category: 3*** hotels and predominantly in 4****hotels.