Individual arrival in Königswinter. At the late afternoon: info talk and issue of hired bikes (if booked).
Bonn and Cologne
Starting in Niederdollendorf the ferry (not inclusive) takes you to Bad Godesberg. At the Godesburg (castle) you have a wonderful view onto the Rhine valley and the Siebengebirge. Via Bonn with its more than 2000 years old history and Zündorf with the leisure island Groov you reach Cologne with the famous cathedral. The train (inclusive) takes you from Cologne back to Königswinter (about 45 km).
Today you get to know the valley of the river Ahr, a paradise for nature and culture lovers, Wine lovers and gourmets. Ferry (not inclusive) and train (inclusive) take you to Altenahr. You cycle on the Ahr cycleway through little wine villages like Dernau into the beautiful town Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. From Remagen you cycle alongside the river Rhine to the ferry (not inclusive). (about 45 km)
With the train to Koblenz (inclusive). You experience the region around Coblenz with the fortress Ehrenbreitstein. Then you cycle to Andernach with the world famous highest cold water geyser and the well known „Golden Mile“ located between Remagen and Bad Breisig. To Linz (not inclusive). In the afternoon the ship takes you back to Königswinter, if you travel with tourbikes. E-Bikes can not be transported on the ship. You have to take the train (included) or go by bike (approx.. 18 km). (about 48 km)
Water castles route
You cycle into the apple-, roses- and arboretum-town Meckenheim. Today you will see the water castles Gudenau, Lüftelsberg, Münchhausen, Adendorf and Odenhausen on your route. The stage leads you out of the Rhine valley and is therefore a bit hilly. Alternatively you enjoy a day in the town or choose a shorter tour. The ferry (not inclusive) takes you back to the hotel. (about 49/29 km)
After breakfast individual return journey or prolongation of your holiday.
Easy to moderate heavy! You cycle on small road with low traffic and through a flat to slightly hilly terrain. The trip to the water castle route (Wasserburgen Route) is more hilly. You don’t have to cycle the route. Enjoy a stay in the bath are of the hotel or do the slightly hilly trip on this route.
- 5 overnights in the Maritim Hotel Königswinter at the rhine
- Breakfast buffet
- Rustic Dinner incl. drink (0,2 l) on arrival day
- Personal welcome and briefing (German)
- Welcome drink during the briefing
- Train ticket from Cologne to Königswinter incl. bicycle
- Train ticket from Königswinter to Colbence incl. bicycle
- Train ticket from Bonn Mehlem to Altenahr incl. bicycle
- Ferry Linz – Königswinter incl. bike (Attention: ferry not bookable with pedelec, then you take the train from Linz to Königswinter incl. bike)
- Free entrance gym, bathing and sauna landscape of the Maritim Hotel Königswinter
- At best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents (maps, route description, places of interests, important telephone numbers)
Services not included
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements.
How to get there
Fly to Cologne/Bonn or Düsseldorf. Take the train from Cologne/Bonn airport to the main train station of Königswinter. Good rail connection to Königswinter, Duration approx. 0,5 h. Train from Düsseldorf airport, Duration approx. 1,5 h.
Park garage, payable on site, no reservation possible. , zahlbar vor Ort. Keine Reservierung erforderlich. The discounted daily rate (minimum stay 5 nights) costs 10,- € per night.
- Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy
- This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- Underage persons cannot travel without legal guardian or authorized escort.
In a picturesque idyll right on the Rhine promenade, with a glorious view of shipping traffic, the Siebengebirge uplands and famous Drachenfels hill, we welcome you to the Maritim Hotel Königswinter.